The team here at Charlottesville Medical Research (CMR) has much to be proud of when it comes to the proverbial tooting of one’s own horn. A desire for safer, more effective therapies drives our clinical research office, backed by the completion of hundreds of successful trials. But we’re not stopping there. Each quarter, we also sew contributions both in time and via financial gift back into local programs working to better our communities. We are shining a spotlight on other ways CMR is making a difference.
Advancing Medicine, Creating Hope
The research studies we conduct help individuals on a local and global scale. We feel very fortunate to help our local areas through various initiatives. This is part of our promise to improve lives.
“At CMR, we try and help our community by donating quarterly to those who may need our help in Charlottesville and the surrounding areas”- Paula Clark, Regulatory Specialist and CRA/Sponsor Outreach Liaison.
Here are a few of the organizations Charlottesville Medical Research is passionate about and why:
- Together We Rise is an organization comprised of motivated young adults and former foster youth. Their vision is to improve the lives of children in foster care by bringing resources to foster youth and using service-learning activities to educate volunteers on issues surrounding the foster care system.
- Blue Ridge Area Food Bank serves 25 counties and 8 cities on either side of the Blue Ridge. The distribution centers are in Charlottesville, Lynchburg, Winchester, and our headquarters in Verona. They provide nutritious food to 115,390 people each month through a far-reaching network of more than 200 food pantries, soup kitchens, schools, churches, and other nonprofit groups.
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters make meaningful, monitored matches between adult volunteer mentors and children aged 6 through 16 in the Charlottesville and Albemarle communities.
- Meals on Wheels volunteers deliver hot, nutritious meals to the ill, aging, and convalescing. They serve the Charlottesville/Albemarle area residents who find it difficult or impossible to prepare meals for themselves.
- The Haven Run for Home is an annual race where the proceeds benefit THE HAVEN in downtown Charlottesville. THE HAVEN is a safe and welcoming day shelter for people currently experiencing or at risk of homelessness. Serving over 85 people daily, The Haven provides respite for the weary and transformation for the ready.
Join Our Mission
Clinical research studies make medical advancements possible through the partnerships of individuals participating in them. By choosing Charlottesville Medical Research in your clinical trial journey, you become an extension of the positive impact we strive daily for.
Join us today! Learn more about enrolling studies by calling us at (434) 817-2442 or visiting our website.